- Fix __future__ imports across cells. See #308 <https://github.com/sphinx-gallery/sphinx-gallery/pull/308> for more details.
min_reported_timeconfigurable. For examples that run faster than that threshold (in seconds), the execution time is not reported.
- Add thumbnail_size option #283
- Use intersphinx for all function reference resolution #296
- Sphinx only directive for downloads #298
- Allow sorting subsection files #281
- We recommend using a string for
plot_galleryrather than Python booleans, e.g.
True, as it avoids a warning about unicode when controlling this value via the command line switches of
- Frequently Asked Questions added to Documentation. Why __file__ is not defined?
- Move testing to py.test
- Include link to github repository in documentation
- Drop styling in codelinks tooltip. Replaced for title attribute which is managed by the browser.
- Gallery output is shorter when embedding links
- Circle CI testing
- Released Sphinx 1.5 has new naming convention for auto generated files and breaks Sphinx-Gallery documentation scanner. Fixed in #178, work for linking to documentation generated with Sphinx<1.5 and for new docs post 1.5
- Code links tooltip are now left aligned with code
- Sphinx-Gallery now raises an exception if the matplotlib bakend can
not be set to
'agg'. This can happen for example if matplotlib.pyplot is imported in conf.py. See #157 for more details.
backreferences.identify_nameswhen module is used without attribute #173. Closes #172 and #149
- Raise FileNotFoundError when README.txt is not present in the main directory of the examples gallery(#164). Also include extra empty lines after reading README.txt to obtain the correct rendering of the html file.(#165)
- Ship a License file in PyPI release
- CSS. Now a tooltip is displayed on the source code blocks to make the doc-resolv functionality more discorverable. Function calls in the source code blocks are hyperlinks to their online documentation.
- Download buttons have a nicer look across all themes offered by Sphinx
Support on the fly theme change for local builds of the Sphinx-Gallery docs. Passing to the make target the variable theme builds the docs with the new theme. All sphinx themes are available plus read the docs online theme under the value rtd as shown in this usage example.:
$ make html theme=rtd
Test Sphinx Gallery support on Ubuntu 14 packages, drop Ubuntu 12 support. Drop support for Python 2.6 in the conda environment
- Enhanced CSS for download buttons
- Download buttons at the end of the gallery to download all python scripts or Jupyter notebooks together in a zip file. New config variable download_all_examples to toggle this effect. Activated by default
- Downloadable zip file with all examples as Python scripts and notebooks for each gallery
- Improved conversion of rst directives to markdown for the Jupyter notebook text blocks
- When seaborn is imported in a example the plot style preferences are transferred to plots executed afterwards. The CI is set up such that users can follow how to get the compatible versions of mayavi-pandas-seaborn and nomkl in a conda environment to have all the features available.
- Fix math conversion from example rst to Jupyter notebook text for inline math and multi-line equations
- Summary of failing examples with traceback at the end of the sphinx build. By default the build exits with a 1 exit code if an example has failed. A list of examples that are expected to fail can be defined in conf.py and exit the build with 0 exit code. Alternatively it is possible to exit the build as soon as one example has failed.
- Print aggregated and sorted list of computation times of all examples in the console during the build.
- For examples that create multiple figures, set the thumbnail image.
abort_on_example_erroroptions can now be specified in
sphinx_gallery_conf. The build option (
-Dflag passed to
sphinx-build) takes precedence over the
- Failing examples are retried on every build
- Examples that use
if __name__ == '__main__'guards are now run
- Added vertical space between code output and code source in non notebook examples
- Restore the html-noplot functionality
- Gallery CSS now implicitly enforces thumbnails width
- Configurable filename pattern to select which example scripts are executed while building the Gallery
- Examples script update check are now by md5sum check and not date
- Broken Examples now display a Broken thumbnail in the gallery view, inside the rendered example traceback is printed. User can also set build process to abort as soon as an example fails.
- Sorting examples by script size
- Improve examples style
The gallery configuration dictionary also changes its name to